Machine vision is one of the most exciting and innovative technologies in the field of automation. Without this technology, many production processes would no longer be feasible today, because the production speeds of modern systems in combination with the constantly increasing quality requirements make manual inspection of goods completely impossible.
Machine vision systems are not only used in production and automation, they are also increasingly present in all areas of everyday life, such as here:
- In sports, they help to review referee decisions or to practice the perfect swing when swinging golf.
- In medicine, they support doctors in their diagnoses.
- In traffic engineering, they manage vehicles intelligently and reduce the risk of accidents or recognize license plates, e.g. for the truck toll.
- In the food industry, they ensure that no unwanted parts get into food or drinks.
- Vision systems have even been used to count fish, deer, gulls, aphids and other animals!
The list of applications using this technology could go on and on. A few examples of applications written by Peter Stiefenhöfer and PS Marcom Services published in numerous professional trade magazines can be found here:
Would you also like to describe applications in text or video where machine vision or automation technology play a decisive role? PS Marcom Services will be happy to support you competently! Simply contact us and we will discuss your ideas!